Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Salvation is not a pyramid scheme

I have no desire to bludgeon people with my faith. I have never seen the purpose of it nor have I seen any long term positive effect as a result of it.

I don't think that it is as important for you to know what I believe, as it is for you to know what it is you believe. That is the path of your choosing.

What I have come to believe is based within my own understanding and experience so I will not pridefully or foolishly believe that any amount of logic that I might impart will somehow convict or sway you, at least not into faith.

That is God's job, not mine. I do not sell God, he sells himself.

I'll gladly share with you what I believe and how I came to believe it, to the best of my recollection. But even if we came to the same conclusions about certain things we would not understand them in the same way, not all of them at least. This is good.

So, I feel no obligation or even desire to make you believe as I do, for I am as flawed as you, if not more so. Consequently I would hope better for you than the simple grasp of truth that I have come to in the course of my own life.

You must work out your own salvation and it will have its own story as you do.

I will say this however, that my hope is that you would seek and find the truth. That you would find a faith in God that is so convicting that you cannot resist living out.

If somehow I am a part of that process, glory be to God then. It has been said that "men may change minds, but only God changes hearts", I do not believe that God is content to settle for men's minds for his desire is their hearts.

He is everywhere, you only have to look.

Solo Cristo Salva

d(-_-)b

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to, so say it already...no one's going to be offended.