Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 5, 2011

In God's Name

In God's Name (Yep, me working out more stuff)

by Roberto Esponja on Sunday, June 5, 2011 at 1:27am ·

In the name of God we...line our pockets, push our agendas, and move our merchandise, we shame and deceive, imply false obligations, create false expectations, exploit fears and crush spirits.

Everyday, I see these things and far worse being intentionally done by people who use carelessly use the name of the God I serve, to justify them.

I would be a liar, if I said I was not guilty of all of them, on some level. Although not always consciously, the facts are the facts. The difference is, I seek to change, and I can not partake in any religion or institution that condones or justifies any of these things, or contradicts in common practice the principals that they profess.

So, while I may call myself Christian, I must remember that the world calls them Christian as well. And while I see myself as separate, the world sees us as the same.

This is my daily struggle as a follower of the Way, to bear witness to what I know to be true, to show the grace, forgiveness, generosity and love of Christ for those whom I am inclined to do far less. I must always remember that He has done far more for me than I can possibly comprehend. For although we are called the same name by the world, I must strive daily to ensure that we are not at all the same.

I am weak, I know. I will, and have, on many occasions failed, but there can be glory to God in that as well.

The reliance to do these things by my own strength, has always failed me, and when I might appear to have succeeded for a short time, I grew proud. So, I must remain humble, knowing that His strength alone is sufficient to sustain me, and it always has.

d(-_-)b

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to, so say it already...no one's going to be offended.