Total Pageviews

Friday, June 10, 2011

It really was peanut butter jelly time

It really was peanut butter jelly time... (Originally posted by Roberto Esponja on Friday, June 10, 2011 at 2:34pm)

Today I dug footers, in the sun. It sucked. No, I mean it REALLY sucked.

It's supposed to get to 110 today, and I've had an office job for quite a while now. Not to mention my age and health. But, times are tough here at my house, as they are for most and you gotta do what you gotta do to turn a buck.

Thanks to the generosity of some friends of ours, we had groceries! (Food, Hooray Food!)

As tired as I was at 5am, (and I was pretty tired) I do know by experience, what the June desert weather had in store for me. So, I had the foresight to pack a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch, and enough water to sustain me.

At the beginning of the day, it wasn't too bad out, so I put my sandwich in the shade, and began digging. However, the temperature increased pretty quickly, and by the time lunch rolled around...well my sandwich was in the sun, and in a zip lock bag.

I had been working pretty hard and I was pretty hungry. So, although it was a little less than ideal, I ate it, and enjoyed it none the less.

The End...

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_548/1287333027EDU17I.jpg

Oh yes, and by the way, if on some strange occasion you are in a situation in which the question is posed," What is the optimal temperature to serve/eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?"...Please, allow me to assist in making your decision easier, by removing one of your many options, it is NOT 91 degrees. (Ambient that is, I don't even want to guess how hot the sandwich actually was, sitting in that greenhouse of a zip lock bag.)

When a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is served/eaten at 91 degrees...well, that's a lot more like a peanut butter and jelly smoothie, served between two pieces of bread.

d(-_-)b

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to, so say it already...no one's going to be offended.