Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Inarticulate, Inconcise and Verbose


Or so I've been told.
Perhaps it is the case, but if it is, it is the sheer result of my own experiences.

So then, in the most "Inarticulate, Inconcise and Verbose" manner possible, here is why....

I can show you where to go, but it's up to you to get there.

I may offer direction.
I may offer clues.
I may even offer to journey with you part or all of the way.

But I can only share the path I have walked, and the experiences I have had which have brought me here.

So I cannot, I will not, magically transport you.

Doing so is most often a disservice to both the inquirer, and the answer,.

We must each arrive of our own accord, by of our own desire. We will only know when or if we have arrived because we have made the effort of the journey.

We cannot actually know, if where we are seeking to go is where we will wind up being. Having a destination, in the end, really only serves to gives us an initial motivating direction. It is only important, for now, that we go.

There is a sort of certainty that only inexperience affords us. I have believed at one point it another that I knew certain things for and about myself, but found in the end that I actually knew little to nothing. It is the same for all of us at any given point.

It is a process, not a product, and we may never actually arrive. Such is life, the experience of our journey often changes the direction of it.

So it is for now simply making the journey that is of the greater importance. Arriving is not the point of the journey and the journeys are ours alone to make.

We can only help to ease the struggle for others, by perhaps forging a path that we once walked. To walk it must be chosen.

Done.

I hope that clears nothing up...it means what you want it to mean, as most things will anyway.

d(-_-)b

Too complicated for you?

Here's the short of it:
I can show you where to go, but it's up to you to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to, so say it already...no one's going to be offended.