Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Sometimes When You Are a Man

I am a man among women...
Having all sisters, daughters, a granddaughter and sister-in-laws as my primary company in life, I have come to understand the small but important differences between a well put together outfit and simply the wearing of something that doesn't smell or look as though it had been previously worn. (When in fact it had.) So, I'm sure that my appearance is probably more important to me than it is to most guys. 

I certainly wouldn't say I'm a manly man by any means. I don't care about most manly things, but in spite of the best efforts of the many women over the course of my life, I am still at my unchangeable core just a guy. True to my nature, sometimes I really don't care at all what anyone else thinks at least not about how I look.

As is true with most things to a guy, function most often takes precedence over form.

However, in those rare times of uncertainty about the appropriateness or appearance of my attire for any given occasion,  it helps to remember the one thing that all guys have come to know from a very early age: No one really expects any more than a minimum expenditure of effort from a man in how selectively he chooses his clothing.

It's a fact and it really takes a lot of pressure off in times of willful of disregard.
So thank you ladies, thank you VERY much.

Guys, let's keep expending no effort at all in keeping that bar low!
Let's not ruin anything for future generations by striving to achieve what we know we cannot maintain.

d(-_-)b

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to, so say it already...no one's going to be offended.