Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 17, 2013

You Can't Handle The Trooth

As I tell my kids  believing that I'm right will be far less painful than the experience they will have in learning beyond a doubt that I am.

Now I know I'm not always right. Nobody is.
I'm just a guy who's had some experiences which have taught me certain things are generally the case.

With that in mind, I also understand that there are certain fundamental truths in life that will (or should) be arrived at no matter the path we take in arriving at them. So,I try not to judge others, or tell them what they should do, but I do try to help them to understand what I have found to be the case in certain instances. However, allowing people the chance to make the right choices also means allowing them to make the wrong ones as well. It's part of the process.

For people like me, sadly it's the most effective method of learning, and the path I most often take. So, if you can benefit my experiences by all means do. It would be nice to think that my stupidity might be a means to your wisdom.

All of this simply to say, if you don't already have a personal awareness of this, here's what I have found to be  true without exception: 

Toothpaste applied to teeth is minty and refreshing, however it is quite the opposite experience when applied to the eye.

So, I will tell you, as I tell my kids  believe that I'm right and I will be far less painful than the experience you  will have in learning beyond a doubt that I am.

2 comments:

You know you want to, so say it already...no one's going to be offended.