Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Eso Si Que Es

I am middle class.
I am male.
I am white.
I am heterosexual.
I am a Christian.

I have had no choice in most of this, but these things are how I will be seen by many who are none of these things.
For many I am the appearance of every oppressor past and I am the perception of the oppressors present.

In a world of fear that would rather follow the easier path of embracing the collective stereo-type and a mob mentality, rather than work for individual freedoms and intelligent thinking, I represent the collective enemies past and present.

All may be found in me for anyone that views things that way.

But if you knew me at all you would know that I am not any of them, in any sense.

Not that it matters to anyone that it should.

What I may have to say is apparently invalidated by my appearance and circumstance.

So the oppressed are becoming the oppressors.
Tolerance, acceptance, equality, they are no longer the end, they are now the means.

I can see a day on the horizon that equality will not be recognized as satisfactory without the inclusion of retribution and revenge.

I will probably be gone by then, but God help everyone when that pendulum fully swings, for it will cut deeper than anyone can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to, so say it already...no one's going to be offended.