Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Take the Money and Run

Losing isn't an option, because it is mandatory at this point.
I know deep down it's over and she's too kind to tell me
She knows what it would do to me
She tells me she loves me
But not like that
I am a foolishly blind optimist
But it's the only reason I'm still alive
I should have seen the decades of signs she gave
But I guess I didn't want to believe
My past is ruining my future and I can't escape the absolute horror of myself
The wake of destruction in my path is long and wide
And with all of this, I know, more is coming
She told me so
I don't know how much more of my own ugliness is yet to be revealed, but it seems there's plenty more that I have yet to be forgiven
So I carry that with me day and night
Waiting for the other shoe to drop
To learn the many other ways I have let her down
I don't know what to wish for anymore
To do what's best for everyone and leave is something I'm too weak and selfish to do
I just don't know how to be around myself anymore and the people around me are constant reminders of the people I've hurt and I'm sure I will hurt again.
I've always known I was bad but I never knew just how debased I truly am
I have seen what has happened to the people who have foolishly chosen to have me around
My parents were good to remind me that I'm unworthy, continually reminding me of the potential I waste daily
They taught me that love and approval were things to be earned, and part of that is keeping secrets
They were good to remind me that simply being myself would never be enough
And look at that, they might be right
Maybe they always were
You win again mom
Maybe an abortion would have been better
You should have taken the money
Ha, maybe you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to, so say it already...no one's going to be offended.