Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

The Last Three Years

Do you have any idea what a trust barrier it is knowing that for the past three years you let me believe things could be okay, when you for those three years dreamed of a happier life without me would be like?
I can't compete with an imaginary person or life you dreamed of for so long.
I can't compete with your lovers either. I'm no machine.
I have all the faults of a human who has for the entirety of our marriage known that I had to fight to keep you.
Eventually I got frustrated with that fight because I felt like you weren't on my side. I thought we were fighting together for a long time, but now I see I was the alone in that.
I guess I've changed too late, but I had no hand in knowing when or even that I would change.
I guess you didn't either or you wouldn't have been making so many plans.
I'm flattered that you chose to foresake a life you've dreamed of for so long, but I clearly see that while you don't want to be the one to be seen as less than for initialing it, you clearly don't want to be with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to, so say it already...no one's going to be offended.