Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Like Anyone Else I Suppose

the more I buy
the more I'm bought
the more I'm bought
the less I cost
- Joe Pugh (Hymn 101)

everyday
i watch

my life passes before me
a fading memory
a distant shadow

sold at such a price
that barely affords
the luxury
of living it

i return home
tired

day
after
day
tired

i watch people i love
gradually
slipping
away

i once knew
these people
they were my world
but i barely exist in there's
anymore

and they
barely
exist
in mine
anymore

they are becoming
strangers to me
as i am becoming
a stranger to them

my life is spent
to make a living

when it is finally over
when I am able to stop

i fear

i will have missed everything
i was working for

these days pass
to return never more

for a majority of these days
i will have clocked out
here
to be been clocked in
there

i am the provider
i am the money
i am the dad

but never quite
as it should be
as it is expected to be
as it needed to be

i have never
been enough

my life is sold
by the hour
one hour at a time

for 13 and 20
for that
is the market value
of life
of my life

i am a valuable asset
i am experienced
so i am told
because they know
i will commit

but commitment
is not on the table

not for me

because there are
a thousand more
just like me
right behind me

they will settle for less
and i am certain this is true

and so i simply say
good morning family
and good night family
it is time to get some rest

tomorrow is another day
it will come quickly
it will pass quickly

tomorrow
will be
exactly
the same
as yesterday

exactly
the same
as today

and if tomorrow never comes
well that...

that will be
the least of my problems

d(-_-)b

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to, so say it already...no one's going to be offended.