Total Pageviews

Friday, October 26, 2012

Increasing the Volume 1026

Balkan Beat Box...I love the band.


This whole album is awesome (well maybe one track isn't as good as the others. It's not"bad"just not ad string ad the other tracks) but this song! Well, this is the one that really brings it home for me.
Stylistically, it's great but it's really pretty representative of their style over all. Kind of a middle eastern techno. Lyrically, this song strikes a chord with me.

Hope you enjoy.
Blue Eyed Black Boy
by Balkan Beat Box
Video/ Music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UydpD6FcVU8&sns=em
Lyrics
I try to figure out
but I don't understand
What makes one man better
than another man
I try to figure out
if there's something
I can do
To change the way you see me
and I see you
The color of my skin,
unlike the color of my eyes
Is getting me in trouble,
costing me a hefty price
I try to stay away from
all those sacred clans
I'll try to stay in town,
I'll try to make a stand
Heads down,
make sure your head's down
Don't get to this town,
face down
Face down,
make sure you stay down
Don't stay in town,
heads down
If you look in to my eyes,
you will see the color blue
If I look at you I'll see
a human who is living
in this town
Like I live every day
Trying to survive,
trying to find his way
If you are looking at my skin
you see the color black
We better look ahead
than look back
We better make this town
a better place to live in
Because what you are going to get,
is what you are giving
Heads down,
make sure your head's down
Don't get to this town,
face down
Face down,
make sure you stay down
Don't stay in town,
heads down

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to, so say it already...no one's going to be offended.