Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Love Fulfills the Law

But grace covers the gap.



1) When is the last time I've touted the cause of Christ as fervently as the virtues of my political candidates?

2) Is my faith, the faith of Christianity, which by design should define my very nature, rationalized and somehow separable from my political stances?

3) Am I using politics in line with my faith, or an I using faith to justify my politics?

3) Is the language and attitude of my commentary Christ honoring?

4) When this is over, can I honestly say that my actions and attitudes will have served my witness in being more or less effective to those people watching me during this time?

5) If my ultimate citizenship lies in loyalty to Christ, how am I furthering that kingdom through my stances and actions toward those not in agreement? 

I think these are all great questions to ask ourselves, before we do any more irreparable damage to those things which truly matter.

They are the source of my conviction and guilt anytime I post politically oriented things. I hope at the end of it all I won't have to apologize as much as I think I might have to.

Let me start now, if I have been ungraceful in my commentary please, forgive me. I'll try to do better from here on out without stating anything less than the truth. 

d(-_-)b

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to, so say it already...no one's going to be offended.