Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I'm not voting for anyone

I won't be manipulated into voting against someone if I'm not actually voting for someone.

But that's not what this is about...it's simply what inspired it.

I asked a friend of mine one time who he would be voting for in a presidential election.

He told me he couldn't vote for anyone.

I asked him why, and this is what he said...

I'm pro life, and I can't in good conscience vote for either party, because both parties advocate death. One before birth, and the other after.

As I considered his answer, I thought to myself, "Now THAT is truly a Pro-Life position."

I found it admirable to maintain such a strong position. 

If every choice is wrong, is no choice wrong?
________________________________________________________________

Just to be clear, I couldn't be more pro life. I believe that all life, especially, human life is sacred, for where there is life there is hope. God as the creator of life, and man made in his image, warrants that view in my mind. (Consider "...all men are endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights" if you feel otherwise.)

However that said I also know that we live in a fallen world. God's view is rarely collectively ours and even more rarely does it even seem to be much of a concern to us when we consider our own well being and what seems best for us.


Life however is sacred not only before birth but after as well, and so with that in mind I would have to say that neither party could truly be considered pro life really, each just seems to condone murder, at varying stages. (the death penalty or abortion, murder, I said it, I don't apologize.)


I also don't think that religion, even the lack of it, and politics are separable. If what we believe to be right, be it religion or gut feeling, forms who we are, then our decisions to will be based on those views. 


Fair enough. It isn't wrong, but it is the very reason why we have a democracy.
So the issue becomes a very complicated one and will apparently remain so until the day we are all in agreement about religion, the sanctity of life, and by what standard we deem the life of another to be of greater importance than merely viewing the taking of it as a one victim crime. We all lose on that one.


I didn't post this to say one thing or another however, about my own views, except to say perhaps that I don't expect they should be forced on someone with differing views. 


My intent here is simply to share what I have found with others who may feel as strongly about this issue as I do, especially knowing that a good deal of people within my own religious persuasion make this issue a very key one when voting.


Please, PLEASE, don't be fooled into thinking that there is a politician anywhere who actually give a flying fig about your faith or lack there of. The bottom line, THEIR bottom line, is THE bottom line.


You will have to be the one to live out your own faith and show its validity.
But, to me, if any life is sacred, then certainly all life is sacred and a candidate running on a pro life platform while profiting from the deaths of those he claims he opposes is a blatant lie. Blasphemy if you will.


Just thought you should be aware...if you're pro life perhaps there are no candidates to vote for...at least not with a clear conscience.


You'll have to make that call...


No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to, so say it already...no one's going to be offended.