Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

In a NutsHell


I am discouraged to think of all those folks who will never know the Jesus of the Bible, simply because they could not see past the American Jesus. That people would fail to consider Jesus before or more than his followers, and thus leaving the condition of their humanity unresolved.

That God allows people like me to be associated as one of his, I believe is an evidence of sorts that he is bigger than any of our problems individually or collectively. But it is the very reason I no longer attend church. Although I still maintain my faith, what the term Christian has come to represent in the world is honestly quite shameful and I'm afraid too often a warranted reputation.

I address this in many of my posts, and have been accused of not loving the church. The real problem though is that I do love the church, so much that I am willing to tell them how much they need to change instead of just walking away.

I'm afraid it's made me less than popular among many.

To them, and to you I would say and close with this line, one of my all time favorite movie quotes: 

God loves you just the way you are, but he loves you too much to let you stay that way.

(> piece out
d(-_-)b

I think that's it in a nut shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to, so say it already...no one's going to be offended.