Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Precision in language is precision in thought

My friend Shane at Rhino said that to me and I thought it was great.

So, not being the sort of guy who can leave anything alone I went on line and found this excellent little quote:

I do not pretend to start with precise questions. I do not think you can start with anything precise. You have to achieve such precision as you can, as you go along. - Bertrand Russell


Of course, I couldn't even leave it at that and after further digging I submit to you this:
 
For those of you who wish to keep up, here's what I'm working on reading right now: George Orwell, "Politics and the English Language," 1946

Here is the excerpt from Wikipedia that motivated me: 

 ‎...political prose was formed "to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." - George Orwell

if you have occasion or motivation to check it out, let me know what you think.

d(-_-)b

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to, so say it already...no one's going to be offended.