Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 21, 2012

ADD it up

ADD it up.... (PS I don't really edit. This stuff is pretty much straight outta my head)

by Roberto Esponja on Sunday, June 12, 2011 at 1:49pm ·
(From my blog: http://phreshwater01.blogspot.com/2011/06/add-it-upps-i-dont-really-edit-this.html)

ADD, I wouldn't trade it for the world. Strange, eh?

I've enjoyed it most of the time. (Although it wreaked havoc with me in school, and contributed to my less than ideal upbringing, because no one really understood it back then.) It has given me a perspective on life I wouldn't otherwise have.

The blessing is often the curse as well.

It also makes life suck. I waste time doing things over and over, I can't find things and look for them only to realize I'm holding them, I can't concentrate, comprehend and recall things I've just  read, or conversations I've just had. I drive by my destinations 2 and 3 times, all sorts of stuff.

It has a certain way of just making me depressed and and robbing me of self-esteem. I try not to bitch about it, but it's always there under the surface, just waiting to come out. Consequently, I can be a little thin skinned sometimes, to otherwise harmless remarks, and can be a little defensive needlessly. You should probably know this about me if you ever talk to me. Forgive me in advance.

Yesterday was one of those days for me. I never know when they'll happen, or what will set it off, but God works that out too, and I got some unsolicited encouragement from a few folks, so that was helpful.

Thank God for Addreall. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000166/)

Part of the blessing of ADD is strange associations, leaps in logic, connecting thoughts or ideas that other people might not consider connecting together. It allows for some rather "creative" problem solving, and a lot of times I am funny or profound to people, when all I was really doing was just saying what I thought. Good for them, good for me.

I like word plays and typos, I've made up some pretty punny jokes (to me at least), and don't mind laughing at myself, all thanks to ADD.

The downside is, it also means I have the kind of thinking that is usually enjoyed more at a distance, with the filter of time, and is at times barely tolerable to those closest to me, as I process all these thoughts. The  problem is, these thoughts never, NEVER stop for me. Sometimes, neither does my need to vocalize or express them. I used to lie awake for hours just wishing I could shut it off. Now I embrace it, and go with it.

You may have noticed I'm a bit of an over-poster on facebook. (Gee ya think?)

Read this as fast as you can> Today I was thinking once more about the church as a body, the church as an institution, the church as a body vs. the church as an institution, that we find God wherever we seek him, that the real problem is that we don't really seek him all that often, that he could be in a building or in the forest because where we are he is, so a building in itself isn't bad because it doesn't matter where you meet as long as you're meeting together, but we associate buildings with institutions, and we associate institutions with religion, but religion isn't Christianity, religion is an institution, then I thought about a song call Institutionalized, by Suicidal Tendencies, then I thought that church might be a sort of voluntary spiritual institutionalization of ourselves, then I thought about the church as a body singing this song to the church as an institution, and I laughed and laughed, then I forgot all about all of that when I saw the trash needed to be taken out, and then forgot about that because there were dirty dishes, and then my friend called, on and on and on....

You can go back and read that more slowly if you want.

I could have made that more easily readable, but if you read it really, really  fast, well..that's what happens in my brain 24/7. Now you know just one of the many things that makes my wife amazing.

So, here's a link to Suicidal Tendencies' Institutionalized: http://youtu.be/9tBaMlAUj08
(In case you're not familiar with it.)

Imagine it being sung by the church body to the institution of church, (with some slight changes of course) and I think you'll find it rather humorous, maybe a little sad.

I'm not making any sort of statement, (Although, of course, you will come to your own conclusions because of my having suggested this.) I really did, just think it was funny.

I imagine more of you will relate to this, than will admit, but that's part of the deal too.

 d(-_-)b

P.S. This is not at all what I thought I would be writing about
· · · Share · Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to, so say it already...no one's going to be offended.