Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Open the doors and see all the people

I have said in the past, and here as well that..."the biggest problem with church is that it filled with people" which I think has been misunderstood or perhaps not fully understood.

Please allow me to offer this to you, I know it isn't anything I haven't said in the past, I'm just applying it here for clarification.

The reality of the problem is not that the church as an institution is occupied by the people that God created, the problem is that church as a body seems to be preoccupied by the god that we have created.

We all say with a smile that God created man in his own image, but are hard pressed to admit that we have corrected the situation by returning the favor.

THAT is fundamentally the problem, of course that broad statement is inclusive of a whole myriad of problems that  go along with that.

The church as an institution should be occupied by the church as a body, however neither really depends on the other to exist.

d(-_-)b

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to, so say it already...no one's going to be offended.