Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 21, 2012

I am not yet complete

I am not yet complete

by Roberto Esponja on Thursday, May 26, 2011 at 9:39pm ·
I threw this together this afternoon. It means everything you wish it didn't, and more....
I don't often share what I write, I feel it makes me vulnerable, and I don't like that. (Who does, right?) So if I tagged you, I'm not looking for a response.It is because I respect you and  I just thought you might understand or relate. Ignore it, share it, tell me how wrong I am, do whatever you want...

I am a caterpillar, a very hungry caterpillar.
In this cocoon for a time,
I must learn which leaves are good for sustenance
And which will slowly kill me.
One glorious day I will be released
To be the butterfly I was created to be
But that day is not this one.

I am a fish, caught by the fisher of men
I have been released
Not into a bowl, to live a life of comfort and confinement
But into the ocean, to live freely
Swimming among the sharks, who would love to devour me.

I have been slow to learn of the cruel fishermen
That would leave me to drown in their nets,
That would feast on my carcass, and throw away my remains.
I am not the prize catch,
And after providing for them what they need,
They will, and do, move on to their next.
...I understand this now.

I am dust, and will be blown away with the wind.
When the life breathed into me, is taken from me,
and returned to its giver,
I will return to the earth from which I came.
I am only one part, not unlike the millions of others
I am barely a even a factor in the whole equation

I am almost nothing, and yet I exist
My thoughts and words mean little, to most
But they are all I have in defining who I am

And if, in the quest to understand the great I Am,
I can not be honest,
Well then...
I can not truly BE anything.

d(-_-)b
· · · Share · Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to, so say it already...no one's going to be offended.